- This past Sunday morning the adult choir and children’s choir joined together to sing for Mass at 9:30am. Their hard work and service is much appreciated and well-received by the Sacred Heart community. Also, this past month saw the first Requiem Children’s Choir Mass at Sacred Heart for the funeral liturgy of Ignacio Tabares. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders of Sacred Heart School greatly blessed the Tabares family with the grace of their voices and their respect for the sacred nature of the occasion.
- The adult choir is doing well, and is looking for new members! Our rehearsals are on Thursday evenings at 7pm in the church choir loft. If you or anyone you know is interested in joining the choir, please have them contact me at 620.794.5232. Please consider contributing your time to this important ministry that blesses our church community each week.
- There are other ways to get involved musically at Sacred Heart. Please join us for our rehearsal on Saturday, November 18th at Noon in the church choir loft to rehearse music for the special Advent Choir Mass on Saturday, December 2nd with the ESU Chamber Choir! Please put this date on your calendars: you won’t want to miss this special Mass.
- All the children of Sacred Heart School are working very hard on their music for the annual school Advent program. Please come on Wednesday, December 13th at 6pm to hear their angelic voices in a Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols.
- Also, be aware that the Adult and Children’s choirs are always open to receiving singers who wish to sing for special occasions like Christmas Eve and Holy Week.
May God continue to bless our parish.
In nomine Domini,